Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Sun Is Also a Star By: Nicola Yoon

If you could ask the author/illustrator of this book one question, what would it be, and why?

I would ask Nicola Yoon, author of the Sun Is Also a Star, if her relationship with her husband David Yoon parallels with the relationship Natasha Kingsley has with Daniel Bae in the book. Often, authors can write books with romantic themes that correspond with their own love experiences in their lives. I was very impressed with Natasha and Daniels love story as it took common elements from movies and books while still maintaining a realistic plot. 
I would ask this question because of how amazed I was at the phenomenal writing. I thought there had to be an external element from her personal life that played a part in the book. Nicola Yoon's writing is rich and powerful and I deeply enjoyed reading it.


-James

No comments:

Post a Comment