Saturday, July 13, 2019

A Line In The Dark by Malinda Lo

This book caught my eye because it reminded me of Billie Eilish's when the party's over music video, and I loved this book. Thank you to the cover artist (Stina Persson) who made it so eye catching. I doubt they intended to have that similarity, but I would never have found this book without you *laughs*.
This book I enjoyed much more than I initially thought I would. I'm on a bit of a dark realistic fiction books binge where death and stuff is a central theme and if the cover is any indication, A Line In The Dark fits the genre perfectly. It combines some different formats of writing, such as just regular narrative writing and transcripts of conversations. I just think that was a great technique.

-Emilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment