Friday, July 5, 2019

I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest

If you were written into this book, what would your role be, and why?

If I was written into I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest, I would be the younger brother of Patrick. Patrick is May's good friend in the book. Patrick finished high school so I would be Patrick's younger brother since I am only in eighth grade. I would have a part in the book but not a large part. In the book, May's best friend was presumed dead in a car crash. May and her friend Libby had been working on their comic about a girl called Princess X where May was the writer and Libby was the illustrator. Dealing with his grief, Libby's dad got rid of all the comics which left May heartbroken seeing her and her friend's work destroyed. After three years passed, May discovered a sticker showing an image of a Princess X leading her to find a website with all their work with new comics being created. When she looked for the creator, out of hope it was her friend, May teamed up with Patrick, an internet savvy older teen. Patrick and May found out that the reality of what happened to her friend is a mystery waiting to be solved. Patrick and May take many risks in the book, some testing the law, that I would not be comfortable doing. That makes me want a more minor role. As Patrick's younger brother, I would warn him of the dangers of what he was doing and not go with him and May to solve the mystery. I would also not tell his family what was going on either. Eventually as the stakes became more dire, I would help them with a key task. It was a pleasure to read the book and it is very interesting to think what would happen if I were to take part in it.

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment