Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Watch Us Rise By Ellen Hagan and Renee Watson

If you could rewrite one part of the story, what would you change?

(I'll try not to spoil much)
I would rewrite a theme, where Jasmine gained a new attitude towards life. It didn't really show through the rest of the book besides one chapter where it was more important for her to be confident of herself. I think adding parts or evidence that she had really developed as a person would have made her character stronger, especially concerning what happened to her to want to be more confident in the first place. I think it just would have made the book better as a whole. That said, I really did enjoy this book and the plot and the writing, and pretty much everything about it!! It was a great suggestion, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to sit down with a book full of kids addressing social issues.

-Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment